INTRODUCTION TO THE BEAUTY ADVANCED PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP PROGRAM
This program offers a comprehensive introduction to Makeup art and Hair Styling principles. As a designer, the student will be immersed in the process of planning, developing and creating with intention. As an artist, the student will be able to explore the principles and concepts of perspective, composition and light. They will learn colour theory with specific reference to makeup: it’s function, how it interacts with texture and light, and how these affect their work. Analysis of shape, line and form are combined with techniques for blending, contouring, shading and highlighting. Understanding how to choose and employ professional tools and product formulations is covered. They will build a skill foundation while working with the fundamentals of natural, glamour, bridal and dramatic styles. After the achieved makeup application techniques the students steps in to the next level, where also Hair Styling techniques will be learned and combined with makeup.
If you consider makeup artistry a future career path or if you want to explore your creative skills in the more advanced makeup disciplines – this program is where to start.
- Understand the basics of skin structure, skin care and makeup subject preparation.
- Analyse bone structure and face shapes correctly.
- Correct various facial shapes with contouring, shading and highlighting.
- Select makeup products based on proper analysis of skin tones and undertones.
- Understand colour theory, seasons and tonality.
- Label the colour wheel correctly.
- Get to know and demonstrate the sequence of basic makeup application.
- Review the purpose, selection and application of foundation, correction, concealer and powder for different ethnic groups, ages, skin tones and skin types.
- Apply cheek colour application for day and evening looks correctly.
- Correctly shaping eyebrows, and selecting appropriate eyebrow makeup for application.
- Analyse eye shapes correctly and apply makeup for correction.
- Assess lip shapes and make the necessary corrections.
- Select appropriate lip colours and apply various products and textures to meet clients’ individual needs.
- Apply practical application of daytime and evening makeup, classic looks, fashion looks, natural styles, subtle styles, glamorous and dramatic styles.
- Cinema and TV makeup.
- Learning the practical application of wedding makeup, Western – Asian – Indian.
- History of makeup from 1920s to 1990s
The 7 weeks Advanced Makeup Artist Program consists of the following courses:
NEXT START DATES
7 January – 12 Mars, 2019
18 Mars – 28 May, 2019
3 June – 6 August, 2019
12 August – 15 October, 2019
21 October – 27 December, 2019
Class hours: Monday to Friday from 10:00am to 5:00pm
Total duration: 47 Days
Education hours: 375 hours
3.900.000,- KYAT – including:
- Personal Makeup Kit (value 500,000 MMK)
- Professional brush set
- SMA shirt, towel and makeup cape
- Professional digital portfolio
- SMA book of professional makeup artistry
- SMA Education Certificate
Payment 1: 700.000,- KYAT (Enrollment deposit)
Payment 2: 2,200,000 MMK (On the first day of the course)
Payment 3: 1,000,000 MMK (before week 5 of the course)
“I love it here at the school. Just the thought of the course ending makes me sad. The school and the teachers are amazing and super professional, but we can still have fun and laugh. I’ve made friends for life among my fellow students. Everyone are so sweet and we are having a great time. I’ve learned so much at SMA. Feel blessed every day to wake up and go the the best school with the best teachers.
“It has been a transforming experience, 3 months of variety of makeup courses including special effects and fantasy that no school in Thailand offers. It’s been a great journey and we were blessed to have experienced and super talented teachers to guide us! Thank you for having us Scandinavian Makeup Academy!”
“The school is great, the teachers are top notch pros and truly passionate about teaching and helping students to grow. They cover every angle of the beauty industry, and it’s 7 hours a day of intense study, hands on training and photo shoots. I had one of the best experiences of my life at Scandinavian Makeup Academy..!”